Friday, December 12, 2008

THOUGHTS FROM THE GREATEST

"I see that many people build big beautiful houses but live in broken homes. We spend more time learning how to make a living that we do learning to make a life."
"I believe we can only be truly generous when expect nothing in return."

"At night when I go to bed, I ask myself, 'If I don't wake up tomorrow would I be proud of how I lived today.'"

"Where is man's wealth? His wealth is in his knowledge."

"Everyone has his or her own lessons to learn and obstacles to overcome...Each time I thought I had achieved my life's purpose. I discovered it was only another step in my journey."

"I was the first one in the gym, and the last one to leave."

"There are little choices we make every day that set the standard for the rest of our lives."

"The greatest victory in life is to rise above the material things that we once valued most."

"The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did when he was twenty has wasted thirty years of his life."

"People look for wonders, miracles -- surprised of all kinds. Yet the greatest surprise is to be found in one's heart...The heart is resilient, it can be torn and mended. It can be broken and made whole again. It can rise and fall, and fall and rise."

"It is true that it is more difficult to believe in things that cannot be seen or touches. But this is the very essence of faith -- believing in the things that the eyes cannot see."

From "The Soul of a Butterfly: Reflections on Life's Journey"
By Muhammad Ali with Hana Yasmeen Ali