Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SHARING

It's not so much amazing to me any more as much as it still remains very disappointing that coaches and programs remain out there that choose not to share. As I have stated often on this site, I am who I am because of some great coaches that have passed a long a lot of knowledge. Someone once stated of Bob Knight that "the one that cheated the least, won the most." I'd like to paraphrase that in speaking of Coach Meyer in that "the one the shared the most, won the most." There are no secrets in this game. But as coaching continues to improve there arise fresh ideas on old theories...a new drill to teach an old phase of the game. Coaches should do all they can to help each other.

From Coach Musselman's blog:

“The greatest difficulty
with the world is not
its ability to produce,
but the unwillingness to share.”