Friday, May 29, 2009

NEW BLOG: FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME

My first year as an assistant coach under Coach Sue Gunter we had only one senior -- Latasha Dorsey. I can't begin to tell you how glad I was that I had the opportunity to coach her and become her friend. She was an outstanding point guard and tremendous leader and guided our young, undersized team to the Sweet 16 that season. She left LSU and became a very good high school coach. With great pride, I enjoyed watching her teach and coach her teams. Last year she made the jump to the collegiate level and is an assistant at Western Kentucky and doing a great job.

She recently started blogging and I am looking forward to her sharing her thoughts on coaching. She will of course update all of us on the progress of her program at WKU but, as you can see, she will also share some teaching points as well.