Sunday, August 23, 2009

THE LADY TIGER WAY #3

We are constantly looking for ways to make our team...

...think

...learn

...communicate

One of the ways we do that is through a quick email to provoke a response. They don't have a deadline. Just the next time they get to their email with a few extra minutes. Here is what we sent to our team tonight:

OK Team! I will occasionally be emailing you something of value that I think you should read or know. At least once a week during the fall I will include a passage from “The Essential Wooden,” a book about the great Coach Wooden. It is a book about leadership and since we believe in 360 Degree Leadership, than we expect each of our Lady Tigers to lead themselves as well and help lead our team. The passage will be short and followed with a question that I want you to answer and return to me. Here is the first passage of the year:

"These words are worth consideration. They go straight to the core of being an effective leader: ‘Live as though you’ll die tomorrow, Learn as though you’ll live forever.’”

What does this phrase mean to you? Email me back and let me know...THANKS - Coach Starkey