Monday, August 9, 2010

JON GORDON: 20 BOOKS THAT INSPIRED ME

From Jon Gordon:

I remember the day I decided I wanted to be a writer. I was dealing with a lot of challenges in my life and realized I wanted to inspire others the way certain writers inspired me. I am often asked about books that have made a difference in my life. So here are the ones that have impacted me on my journey. (They are in order of when I read them).

What books have inspired you? Join the conversation on our blog and Facebook.

1. The Road Less Traveled, Scott M. Peck (I read this at the age of 20)

2. Illusions, Richard Bach (Read this during the summer while in college)

3. Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Richard Bach (Inspired me to write fables years later)

4. The Seven Spiritual Law of Success, Deepak Chopra

5. All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, Robert Fulghum

6. Seat of the Soul, Gary Zukav (My wife suggested I read this when we first met)

7. The Greatest Salesman, Og Mandino (My mom gave me this)

8. Who Moved My Cheese, Spencer Johnson (This book helped me to see that the cheese at the dot.com company I was working for was rotting)

9. Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki (This book inspired me to open a restaurant)

10. The One Minute Manager, Ken Blanchard (Ken is simply the best)

11. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho

12. The Barbarian Way, Erwin McManus

13. Velvet Elvis, Rob Bell

14. Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren

15. The Essential Wooden, by John Wooden

16. Tribes, Seth Godin

17. Traveling Light, Max Lucado

18. Leadership is an Art, Max DePree

19. The Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein

20. Humility, Andrew Murray