Monday, August 15, 2011

30 DAYS: JIM BOONE'S DAILY SCHEDULE (8-15-2011)

Coach Jim Boone: This morning I am give you a quick glimpse as to what my day will entail.  I use the word "meet" losely because to me today is about "relationships."  Everybody I meet with today I want to make sure that I do the following:

1. Make a great impression...with my appearance, my attitude, and my enthusiasm

2. Make a connection...primarily through my ability to listen...this way I let them know that I
value what they do as well as learning how things are done at West Virginia Wesleyan.

3. Follow up...I will follow up each meeting with a handwritten note.

Here's a quick look at what's on my plate today:

Meet with HR and complete all paper work
Receive keys and tour the athletic facility
Receive meal plan and move into temp living at College Guest House
Move desk items into office
Meet with two of our players that are on campus
Meet with Student Affairs regarding this coming weekend's Orientation schedule
Meet with Ed Sission in Development
Meet with Asst AD to schedule facilities
Get copies of player schedules - this will probably fill up Monday& Tuesday 
Meet with key community supporters
Start calling  West Virginia  High School Coaches

Today will be a big test of time management.  But as Brian Tracy says: "The starting point of excelling in time management is desire."