Wednesday, February 15, 2012

GETTING OVER THE FOUR HURDLES OF LIFE

I've been enjoying reading my friend and mentor's latest book "Getting Over the Four Hurdles of Life."  Working for Coach Dale Brown at LSU I have been a part of these teachings.  I'm so happy he has put in a book form to share with us all.  An absolutle great read for anyone no matter what they do -- but an especially great book for coaches with so many positive and uplifting stories you can share with your staff and team (as well as to help life yourself as well).

THE FOUR HURDLES OF LIFE

1. "I can't" and "You can't" do this or that.

2. Past failures and/or fear of failure -- obstacles that can paralyze us into inaction, and stop us dead in our tracks.

3. Handicaps -- whether physical, psychological, financial or career-based.

4. Lack of self-knowledge -- for many, the most difficult hurdle to get over.