Thursday, February 7, 2013

COACH MEYER'S DICTAPHONE NOTES: SEGMENT 1

Everyone that follows Coach Don Meyer knows of his addiction to the dictaphone. He carries it 24/7, constantly talking into it to give him reminders of how to improve his players, his team and himself. He used it at practice, games and everywhere away from the court at anytime a thought of relevance comes to him. Many of us, including myself, now own one and utilize it as well. In July 2008, while speaking at clinic in Baton Rouge, Coach Meyer was kind enough to let me borrow two years worth of his dictaphone notes. You see, each night he sits down and transcribes what he has recorded into a spiral notebook.  A few years back I shared some of Coach Meyer dictaphone thoughts in my blog from the 2007-2008 season.  For the next few months, I will share some from his 2008-2009 season at Northern University.  Please also check out his new website here.  Here is segment #1:

No comments: